McDonald’s most famous and loved recipe pizza mcpuff is a super delicious savoury recipe which is loved by almost everyone. It has become a habit to order these delicious mcpuff’s as soon as we enter the McDonald’s outlet. They are super crispy from outside and juicy and cheesy on the inside. I recently made an attempt to make these mcpuff’s at home and trust me ,they turned out to be as good as the one’s available in the outlets. They very super juicy and crisp and were made veggies of choice. The star of the recipe is pizza sauce and cheese. You can simply add as much cheese as you want.
In order to make these mcpuff’s at home, you need to prepare a dough and a stuffing. The dough must be smooth and tight to avoid bubbles while frying. The stuffing can be made with veggies of choice. The stuffing is then seasoned with pizza sauce and seasonings. It is then mixed with cheese and stuffed inside thin chapatis made with the mcpuff’s dough. They are then fried until golden brown and crisp. This recipe is specially loved by children and is a perfect snacking and partying option. So go ahead and give this homemade mc puff version a try and trust me you’ll surely love it. Don’t forget to share your comments and reviews in the comments section below.
Refined flour- 1 cup
Baking powder- 1/2 tablespoon
Salt- 1/2 tablespoon
Oil- 3 to 4 tablespoon
Water- to knead the dough.
Carrot- 1/2 cup (finely diced)
Onion- 1/2 cup (finely diced)
Beans- 1/2 cup (finely diced)
Capsicum- 1/2 cup (finely diced)
Paneer- 1/4 cup (finely diced)
Oil- 2 tablespoon
Garlic- 1 tablespoon
Ginger- 1 tablespoon
Salt- 1 teaspoon
Pepper- 1 teaspoon
Pizza sauce- 1/4 cup
Tomato ketchup- 1/4 cup
Oregano- 1 teaspoon
Chilli flakes- 1 teaspoon
Sugar- 1 teaspoon
Cheese- 1/4 cup or as per taste.
Step by step recipe with images
Step by step recipe:
1) Firstly take a mixing bowl and add a cup of refined flour in it.
2) Now add 1/2 tablespoon of baking powder in it.
3) Add 1/2 tablespoon of salt in it.
4) Add 3 to 4 tablespoon oil in it.
5) Mix them well with your hands.
6) Take a handful of dough in your palms and press it between your fist to see if it holds shape or not.
7) Now add required amount of water to need a tight and soft dough.
8) Knead the dough using your palms.
9) Once done cover and let it rest for 30 minutes.
1) Firstly dice the veggies finely.
2) Now heat a pan with 2 tablespoon oil.
3) Add 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic in it.
4) Add a tablespoon of chopped ginger in it.
5) Saute them well until they turn golden brown and aromatic.
6) Now add 1/2 cup of chopped onions in it.
7) Saute it for a minute on medium high flame.
8) Now add 1/2 cup of chopped carrots in it.
9) Add 1/2 cup of chopped capsicum in it.
10) Add 1/2 cup of chopped beans in it.
11) Stir and cook them well on medium high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
12) Now turn the flame to low and add salt in it.
13) Add 1 teaspoon of black pepper in it.
14) Add 1/4th cup of pizza sauce in it.
15) Add 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup in it.
16) Give them a good stir and cook it on low flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
17) Now add 1 teaspoon of oregano in it.
18) Add a teaspoon of chilli flakes in it.
19) Mix them well and cook it for a minute.
20) Add 1/4 cup paneer (cottage cheese) in it.
21) Give them a good stir.
22) Lastly add 1 teaspoon of sugar in it.
23) Mix them well and turn off the flame.
24) Now transfer the mixture in a bowl and let it cool down.
25) Once done add 1/4 cup of cheese in it.
26) Mix them well and your stuffing is ready.
Shaping and frying:
1) Firstly take a small portion of dough in your palms.
2) Flatten it into a chapati using a rolling pin.
3) By removing the excess and shape it into a square.
4) Now slice the square into two forming two equal rectangles.
5) Now add 1 and 1/2 tablespoon of stuffing on one rectangle.
6) Spread it uniformly.
7) Now place the other dough slice on top.
8) Cover and press it from all sides as shown above.
9) Seal it well from all sides. You can apply water on the sides before pressing them together for even sealing of the puffs.
10) Press all the sides with a fork.
11) Once done, Your Mcpuff is ready for frying.
12) Now heat a pan with oil.
13) Add the Mcpuff in hot oil gently.
14) Let it fry on medium high flame for a minute.
15) Now turn the flame to low and flip it on the other side.
16) Deep fry them for 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
17) Once done, drain them off and repeat the same with the remaining batches.
18) Your super yummy, crispy, juicy and cheesy homemade Mcpuffs are ready to be served. Enjoy them with coke and ketchup.
Tips and Tricks
1) Make sure the dough is tight and smooth in order to avoid bubbles while frying.
2) Chop the veggies finely or else the texture of the stuffing will change.
3) You can use more cheese if you want it to be more cheesy.
4) Don’t overstuff the mcpuffs.
5) Seal the Mcpuff properly from all sides.
6) Deep fry on low flame until golden brown an crisp.
1) You can use wheat flour instead of refined flour.
2) You can use more healthy veggies like corn and peas.
3) You can reduce the quantity of cheese if you want.
4) You can airfry them instead of deep frying.