Meethi seviyan is a popular sweet dish served in India. It is made with vermicelli, nuts and sugar and turns out to be a perfect option for the festive cravings. Seviyan is mostly made during Eid and even during diwali. It is usually served as a sweet dish but on some days we simply love to have them as an evening snack. You can prepare them with water or milk as per your choice but I have used water to prepare this yummy recipe. This seviyan can be made instantly without any efforts and tastes bliss.
In order to make this yummy seviyan recipe all you need to do is to toss some seviyan in desi ghee until they turn golden brown. Sugar and water is added in it and covered and cooked on low flame until seviyan puffs up. They are then garnished with nuts of choice. For the aroma I prefer using some cardamom seeds in it and for the colour I have used some artificial food colour. You can skip using addition food colour if you want. So hurry up, Go ahead and give this recipe a try and don’t forget to share your reviews in the comments section below⬇
Vermicelli or seviyan- 2 cups
Sugar- 3/4 cup
Water- 3 cups
Food colour(orange)- A pinch
Raisins- 10 to 12
Nuts- 2 tablespoon (finely chopped)
Cardamom- 2 pods
Desi ghee- 2 tablespoon
Step by step recipe with images
1) Firstly heat a pan with 2 tablespoon of desi ghee.
2) Add two cups of vermicelli or seviyan in it.
3) Roast them on low flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
4) Stir and roast them well until golden brown.
5) Now add 3/4 cup of sugar in it.
6) Give them a good stir.
7) Now add 3 cups of water in it.
8) Add 10 to 12 raisins in it. Stir them well.
9) Now add 2 Cardamom pods in it.
10) Add a pinch of orange food colour in it.
11) Stir them well and bring it to boil.
12) Now cover the seviyan with a lid and cook it on low flame.Cook it for 7 to 8 minutes on low flame.
13) Remove the lid and stir them well.
14) lastly add chopped nuts in it.
15) Stir them well and turn off the flame.
16) Cover and rest it for 5 minutes.
17) Once done, stir well and serve immediately. Your yummy and delicious Seviyan pulao is ready to be served.
Tips and Tricks
1) Don’t alter the ratio of vermicelli and water.
2) You can adjust the sugar as per your taste.
3) Add a pinch of food colour. Excess colour will alter the look.
4) Roast the vermicelli at low flame for just 2 minutes as it changes colour too fast.
5) Cover and cook on low flame for best results. It puffs up the Vermicelli and tastes super good.
6) Cover and rest it for 5 minutes before serving. It helps in proper absorption of sugar and water.
1) You can use organic brown sugar or stevia instead of white sugar.
2)You can use semolina vermicelli instead of one made with refined flour.