Paneer – 200 grams
Curry leaves- 12 to 14 leaves
Ginger- 1/2 inch (finely chopped)
Garlic- 8 to 10 cloves (finely chopped)
Red chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
Turmeric- 1 teaspoon
Garam masala- 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder- 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder- 1 teaspoon
Salt- 1 teaspoon
Cornflour- 1 tablespoon
Curd- 2 tablespoon
Lemon juice- 1 tablespoon
Water- 1 tablespoon
Oil- for trying
Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
Green chillies- 2 to 3
Step by step recipe with images
1) Firstly take a mixing bowl and add diced paneer cubes in it.
2) Add finely chopped curry leaves in it. 6 to 7 leaves are enough.
3) Now add 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger and garlic in it.
4) Add 1 teaspoon chilli powder in it.
5) Add 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder in it.
6) Add a teaspoon of garam masala in it.
7) Add a teaspoon of coriander powder in it.
8) Add a teaspoon of cumin powder in it.
9) Add salt as per taste.
10) Add a tablespoon of cornflour in it.
10) Mix them gently with your hands.
11) Now add 2 tablespoon of curd in it.
12) Add a tablespoon of lemon juice in it.
13) Add a tablespoon of water in it.
14) Mix and coat them well with your hands.
15) Heat a pan with oil.
16) Slowly add the diced paneer cubes in it.
17) Cook for 2 minutes on high flame.
18) Now flip it on the other side.
19) Deep fry for 2 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
20) Strain and keep it aside for later.
21) Now Heat another pan with 2 tablespoon oil.
22) Add cumin seeds in it and let it splutter.
23) Now add chopped ginger and garlic and stir well until it turns golden brown and aromatic.
24) Now add curry leaves and let it splutter.
25) Add green chillies in it and toss well.
26) Lastly add fried paneer cubes in it and stir and cook for a minute.
27) Your yummy appetizer is ready to be served. Tastes best with ketchup and green chutney.
Tips and Tricks
1) Paneer cubes should be of medium size. Neither too big nor too small.
2) Use your hand to mix everything or else the paneer will break.
3) Mix the masalas well before coating it with curd.
4) Mix it gently with your hands.
5) Deep fry on high flame until golden brown and crisp.
6) Don’t overcook the tempering.
1)You can skip using red chilli powder if u are allergic to it and instead use chopped green chillies.
2) You can airfry the paneer cubes instead of deep frying it