Bhindi Or lady finger is one of the most popular vegetable served in India. There are a number of ways in which Indians prepare lady finger. Bharwa bhindi, bhindi do pyaja and bhindi ki bhujia are some of the famous recipes made from it. This recipe is a very innovative and yummy recipe where they are served in form of fries. Kurkuri bhindi is loved by all. Even children love to have them. They are deep fried until crisp and tastes best when served hot. You can enjoy them with your boring daal chawal Or even have it as an evening snack with a cup of tea.
Crispy bhindi is made by first slicing the lady finger and then coating it with besan, rice flour, corn flour and spices. They are then deep fried in mustard oil until golden brown and crisp. At last chaat masala is sprinkled on top and tossed well. They taste best when served hot. This yummy recipe apart from being delicious is healthy too. You can make it more healthier by air frying it. So wherever bored of your dal chawal, make some crispy bhindi along with them and enjoy your yummy meal. And please don’t forget to share your reviews in the comments section below ⬇
Lady finger- 250 grams
Besan (gram flour) -4 tablespoon
Rice flour- 1 tablespoon
Corn flour- 1 tablespoon
Turmeric powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Red chilli powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Salt- as per taste
Water- 1 tablespoon
Chat masala- 1/2 teaspoon
Oil- for frying (mustard oil)
Step by step recipe with images
Step by step recipe:
1) Firstly take 250 grams of lady finger.
2) Remove it’s top and bottom.
3) Now slit it from between.
4) Remove it’s seeds using a knife or simply with your hands.
5) Now slice them as shown above. Repeat the same with the remaining batches.
6) Now transfer the chopped lady finger slices into a bowl.
7) Add 4 tablespoon of gram flour or besan in it.
8) Now add 1 tablespoon of rice flour in it.
9) Add a tablespoon of corn flour in it.
10) Now add 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder in it.
11) Now add 1/2 teaspoon of red chilli powder in it.
12) Add 1/2 teaspoon of coriander powder in it.
13) Add 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder in it.
14) Add salt as per taste.
15) Now toss and mix them well until it coats well.
16) Now add 1 tablespoon of water in it.
17) Mix them with your hands gently.
18) Now heat a pan with mustard oil.
19) Once it gets heated up well add a handful of coated lady finger in it.
20) Fry them on medium high flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
21) Once it turns golden brown and crisp. It’s done.
22) Now drain them well .Repeat the same with the remaining batches.
24) Now sprinkle some salt and chaat masala in it. Toss and mix them well.
25) Your yummy and crispy kurkuri bhindi is ready to be served. Tastes best when served hot.
Tips and Tricks
1) Firstly slice the lady finger as shown. Do remove the seeds as shown above.
2) Add gram flour, rice flour and corn flour as per the qualities shown.
3) Add a tablespoon of water in it and mix well. Don’t add excess water in it only a tablespoon is enough to bind everything together.
4) Now deep fry them on medium high flame for 4 to 5 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
5) Lastly sprinkle some chaat masala in it after frying. It will make it tastier.
6) Use mustard oil for frying it will make it tastier.
1) You can airfry the bhindi instead of deep frying them.