Spinach (palak) -1 kg
Desi ghee- 2 tablespoon
Onions- 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
Tomatoes- 1/2 cup (finely crushed)
Garlic- 4 to 5 cloves (finely chopped)
Green chillies- 3 to 4
Sweet corn- 1 cup
Fresh cream- 3 to 4 tablespoon
Salt-as per taste.
Step by step recipe with images
1) Firstly clean and chop the spinach leaves as shown above.
2) Now transfer them to a deep bowl.
3) Add water in it.
4)Wash it thoroughly for 3 to 4 times. Do change the water after every wash.
4)Once done transfer them to the pressure cooker.
5) Add 3 to 4 green chillies in it.
6) Now Pressure cook it for 1 whistle.
7) Once the steam releases, open the lid.
8) Now transfer it to a bowl.
9) Add 2 cups of cold water in it. It helps to retain the green colour.
10) Once it cools down, transfer them to a mixer jar.
11) Blend it into a smooth paste.
12) Now heat a pan with 2 cups of water.
13) Add a cup of sweet corn in it.
14) Boil it for 3 to 4 minutes on high flame.
15) Once done, strain well and keep it aside for later.
16) Now heat a pan with 2 tablespoon desi ghee.
17) Add finely chopped or crushed garlic in it.
18) Add 2 slit chillies in it.
19) Once it turns golden brown and aromatic add chopped onions in it.
20) Saute it for 2 minutes on low flame until it turns golden brown.
21) Once done add the crushed tomatoes in it.
22) Saute it well for 4 to 5 minutes.
23 ) Once the oil releases, add the spinach puree in it.
24) Mix them well properly.
25) Once it starts bubbling, turn the flame to low.
26) Now add a cup of boiled corn in it.
27) Stir them well until properly mixed.
28) Now add 3 to 4 tablespoon of fresh cream in it.
29) Stir and mix them well.
30) Lastly add salt and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes on low flame.
31) Turn off the flame and enjoy. Your yummy corn pakak is ready to be served.