Refined flour: 1 and 1/2 cup.
Semolina: 4 tablespoon
Refined oil: 1/4 cup
Salt: A pinch.
Water for kneading
Desi ghee: 2 tablespoon
Semolina: 1 cup
Dry coconut : 1 cup (grated)
Powdered sugar: 1/2 cup
Nuts: handful (finely chopped)
Step by step recipe with images
1) Firstly take a mixing bowl and add 1 and half cup of refined flour in it.
2) Add 4 tablespoon of semolina in it.
3) Now add 1/4 th cup oil in it.
4) Add add a pinch of salt in it.
5) Knead it well with your hands.
6) Take a small portion of dough between your fist to see if it holds shape.
7) Now slowly add water in it.
8) Knead it into a semi soft dough.
9)Your dough is ready. Keep it aside and rest it for an hour.
1) Heat a pan with 2 tablespoon desi ghee.
2) Add half cup of semolina in it.
3) Roast it on low flame until it turns aromatic and changes colour.
4) Now add half cup grated coconut(dried) in it and cook them for 2 minutes.
5) Finally add 1/2 cup powdered sugar in it. (You can adjust the quantity of sugar as per your taste and preference.)
6) Mix them well using a spatulla.
7) Finally add chopped nuts and raisins in it and saute well. Turn off the flame.
8) Your stuffing is ready.
Stuffing and shaping the gujiyas:
1) Take a small portion of dough.
2) Roll it into a ball using your palms.
3) Place it on a rolling pin.
4) Now roll it into a thin chapati as shown above.
5) Add a tablespoon of mixture on the chapati.
6) Apply water on the sides.
7) place one side on the other forming a semi circle.
8) Seal it properly avoiding gaps.
9) Now shape them with your fingers as shown above. You can also get tools from the market to shape them evenly.
10) Once done, repeat the same with the remaining batches.
Frying the gujiyas:
1) Heat a pan with oil.
2) Now add a pinch of batter in it to see if it comes up or not. Once it comes up your oil is ready for frying.
3) Keep the flame on medium high to low while frying gujiyas.
Add the gujiya in hot oil one by one.
4) Cook it on low flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
5) Flip them on the other side and cook them for 2 to 3 minutes.
6) Turn the flame to medium high and let it turn golden brown and crisp.
7) Once done, drain them off using a spoon or spatula.
8)Your yummy gujiyas are ready to be served. Let it cool down before serving. You can store it in an airtight container for 10 days.
Tips and Tricks
1) knead a semi soft dough. Add water slowly and as per requirements..
2) Rest the dough for an hour.
3) Don’t overcook the stuffing.
4) You can alter the quantity of sugar as per your choice.
5) Roll the dough into a thin chapati.
6) Don’t over stuff the gujiyas. It can break them while frying.
7) Seal the gujiyas properly using your hands or tools as per your choice.
8) Deep fry on low flame and once done deep fry on medium high flame for a minute.
9) Drain them well and cool them down before serving.
10) You can store them in an airtight container for 10 days.
1) You can use half refined flour and half wheat flour for the dough.
2) You can use jaggery powder or stevia instead of sugar.
3) You can airfry them in an airfryer