TABLE OF CONTENT
|Step by step recipe with images|
|Tips and Tricks|
White sauce pasta is one the most popular and tasty pasta recipe. This recipe for white sauce pasta is easiest recipe with a lot of health benefits and is considered as the best dinner option for your family. White sauce also known as Bechamel sauce is a creamy sauce prepared by adding milk, flour and butter. It is futher combined with veggies and pasta to give it the perfect taste.
This perfect Italian cuisine is a further seasoned by Italian spices and chilli flakes, making it the most creamy and flavoursome meal option. This recipe for white sauce pasta is our favorite pasta recipe and hope you all love it too and please share your views regarding the recipe in the comments section below….
Pasta- 2 cups (nearly 200 grams)
Butter- 2 tablespoon
Refined flour- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon
Green chilli – 1 (optional)
Garlic- 3 to 4 cloves (finely crushed)
Milk- 2 cups
Cheese cubes- 2 cubes (grated)
Oregano (or any Italian herbs) – 1/2 tablespoon
Chilli flakes-1/2 tablespoon
Black pepper- 1/4 tablespoon
Salt – as per taste
Carrot- 1/4 cup (finely diced)
Onions- 1/4 cup (finely diced)
Capsicum- 1/4 cup (finely diced)
Olive oil- 3 to 4 table spoon
Step by step recipe with images
Boiling the pasta:
1) Firstly to boil the pasta, heat a pan with 5 to 6 cups of water. Add salt to it.
2) Bring the water to boil and add 2 cups (200 grams) of pasta.
3) Now boil the pasta for 5 to 6 minutes or as per the directions given on the pasta packet. keep checking the pasta to make sure it is perfectly cooked . Don’t overcook the pasta as it will turn mushy.
4) Once the pasta is cooked perfectly, drain it well and keep aside. Your pasta is perfectly cooked.
5) Now finely dice the carrots, onion and capsicum.
6) Now, heat the pan with 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
8) Add the diced vegetables to it and saute it for 2 minutes on medium high flame.
9) Add salt to it and saute well until they turn crunchy. Don’t make them mushy by overcooking it.
10)Once it’s done, set them aside.
Preparing the Sauce
10) Now, Heat another pan with 2 tablespoon of butter and one tablespoon of olive oil.
11) Add a teaspoon of crushed garlic and chilli and saute well until they turn golden brown.
12) Now bring the flame to medium and add 1 and 1/2 tablespoon of refined flour and saute for 1 to 2 minutes until the raw smell of flour goes off. Don’t overcook the flour as it will change it’s colour and make the roux too dry.
13) Bring the flame to low and slowly add 1 cup of milk to the mixture. Keep on stirring it to ensure there are no lumps in it. Now add the another cup of milk to give the sauce a perfect consistency.
14) Scrap the sides well , make sure there are no lumps in the sauce and check the consistency by making sure that the sauce perfectly coats the back of the Spatula or spoon.
15) Now add 1/2 tablespoon of oregano (Italian herbs) to the sauce.
16) Add 1/2 tablespoon of chilli flakes.
17) Add 1/4 tablespoon of black pepper.
18) Finally add salt as per taste .
19)Add one tablespoon of liquid cheese or cheese spread . Mix well.
20) Add the vegetables in the sauce and stir well. Keep the flame at low.
20) Finally, add the boiled pasta and coat it well with white sauce.( If, at this stage you find your sauce to be too thick, add 4 to 5 teaspoon of water to it)
21) Add the remaining grated cheese to the pasta and your yummy white sauce pasta is ready to be served.
Tips and Tricks
1) Cook the pasta in a large pot and make sure there is enough water in it. It will prevent the pasta from being sticky. You can also add a spoon of olive oil in the boiling water, this also prevents the pasta from being sticky.
2) Make sure the pasta is perfectly cooked. Boil it according to the time given in the pasta packet. Overcooking will make it sticky and as a result, it will loose it’s texture.
3) Don’t overcook the roux as it will spoil the texture of the sauce.
4) While adding milk, continuously stir the sauce or else it will form lumps.
5) Overcooking the vegetables will result in loosing the crunch in them.
6) While preparing the sauce try to keep the flame at low to medium.
White sauce pasta is one the most healthy pasta recipe, but you can make it more healthier by simply following the tips given below:
1) For giving your pasta a healthy twist , add more green veggies to it.
2) You can skip using cheese if you find it to be fattening , It will not affect the taste of the sauce.
3) You can to totally avoid green chillies if you don’t like spicy food.
4)You can use skimmed milk or low fat milk instead of full fat milk.
White sauce Pasta
- 2 cups (nearly 200 grams) Pasta
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon Refined flour
- 1 (optional) Green chilli
- 3 to 4 cloves (finely crushed) Garlic
- 2 cup Milk
- 2 cubes (grated) Cheese cubes
- 1/2 tablespoon Oregano (or any Italian herbs)
- 1/2 tablespoon Chilli flakes
- 1/4 tablespoon Black pepper
- Salt – as per taste
- 1/4 cup (finely diced) Carrot
- 1/4 cup (finely diced) Onions
- 1/4 cup (finely diced) Capsicum
- 3 to 4 table spoon Olive oil
- Cook the pasta in a large pot and make sure there is enough water in it. It will prevent the pasta from being sticky. You can also add a spoon of olive oil in the boiling water, this also prevents the pasta from being sticky.
- Make sure the pasta is perfectly cooked. Boil it according to the time given in the pasta packet. Overcooking will make it sticky and as a result, it will loose it’s texture.
- Don’t overcook the roux as it will spoil the texture of the sauce.
- While adding milk, continuously stir the sauce or else it will form lumps.
- Overcooking the vegetables will result in loosing the crunch in them.
- While preparing the sauce try to keep the flame at low to medium.
I hope this recipe brings a smile on your face and makes your day as seasoned as the recipe itself is. Enjoy the creamy white sauce pasta along with some refreshing drinks and stay connected for more such recipes. Please don’t forget to share your views regarding this recipe in the comment section below.