Ingredients (serving- 6)
For batata (puris)-
Refined flour- 1 cup
Semolina- 1/2 cup
Salt- 1 teaspoon
Nigella seems 1 teaspoon
Refined oil- 4 tablespoon
Water- to knead the dough
Batata/sev puri chaat: (serving -2)
Boiled potatoes- 2 medium sized
Tomatoes- 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
Onions- 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
Curd- 6 tablespoon
Tamarind chutney- 4 tablespoon
Green chutney- 2 tablespoon
Green chillies- 2 teaspoon (finely crushed)
Coriander leaves- finely chopped
Sev – 4 tablespoon
Peanuts- 15 to 16 nuts
Chaat masala- 2 teaspoon
Step by step recipe with images
(Batata Or puri) dough:
1) Firstly take a mixing bowl and add 1 cup of refined flour in it.
2) Add 1/2 cup of semolina in it.
3) Add 1 teaspoon of salt in it.
4) Add 1 teaspoon nigella seeds in it.
5) Add 4 tablespoon of refined oil in it.
6) Mix them all together with your hands.
7) The dough must hold shape when pressed with fist.
8) Now slowly add water in it.
9) Knead atleast for 5 minutes into a semi stiff dough.
10) Once done keep it aside for later.
Shaping the puris:
1) Now take ball sized dough in your palm.
2) Place it on the rolling pin.
3) Flatten it with the help of a rolling pin into a flat chapati.
4) Now remove the sides and cut it into a square.
5) Slice them into small squares and keep it aside for later.
Frying the puris:
1) Heat a pan with oil.
2) Once done, slowly add the shaped batatas into hot oil.
3) Cook ok high flame for a minute and then turn the flame to low.
4) Stir and cook on low flame for 4 to 5 minutes until it turns golden brown and crisp.
5) Once done , drain them off and repeat the same with the remaining batches.
Assembling the batata puri chaat:
1) Finely chop the boiled potatoes, onions, tomatoes, green chillies and coriander.
2) Place 10 to 12 puris on a plate.
3) Add chopped boiled potatoes in it.
4) Add chopped tomatoes in it.
5) Add chopped onions in it.
6) Add tablespoon curd in it.
7) Add 1 tablespoon green chutney in it.
7) Add 2 tablespoon tamarind chutney in it.
8) Add chopped green chillies in it.
9) Add chopped coriander leaves in it.
10) Add sev in it.
11) Add 7 to 8 peanuts in it.
12) Finally sprinkle chaat masala in it.
13) Your spicy and chatpataata sev puri chaat is ready to be served. Must be consumed immediately.
Tips and Tricks
1) The dough must be semi stiff.
2) While kneading at an early stage after adding oil, make sure the dough holds shape when pressed with fist.
3) Add the batatas Or puris in the oil only when it gets heated.
4) Deep fry on low flame until golden brown and crisp.
5) Let it cool down for an hour before assembling it.
6) You can add any extra ingredient as per your choice while assembling the puris.
1) You can make the puris with wheat flour and semolina instead of refined flour.
2) You can airfry the batatapuri instead of frying them.
3) You can add more healthy ingredients like soaked moth and bengal gram in it.
13) Your spicy and chatpata sev puri chaat is ready to be served. Must be consumed immediately.