Pasta salad is an Italian side dish which is one of the most healthiest form of pasta. It is mouthwatering combination of pasta and salad. It can be made instantly with easily available ingredients. This serves as an appetizer or can be served as a main course for those who are on diet. You can simply add veggies of your choice and add your favourite seasonings to it as well. I have opted for the most easy and simple recipe using readily available veggies and seasonings. This pasta tastes best when served chilled so don’t forget to refrigerate it for half an hour before consumption.
For preparing this super healthy and yummy appetizer recipe, firstly you need to boil the pasta properly and then prepare a dressing with eggless mayonnaise , salt and pepper. Later pasta is added to the dressing along with veggies of your choice and mixed well until everything gets coated properly. This recipe tastes best when served cold or chilled, so do refrigerate it before consumption. You can use broccoli, peas, sweet corn and other veggies of your choice to give it a more healthier twist. So go ahead and give this recipe a try and don’t forget to share your reviews in the comments section below⬇
Pasta- 1 cup
Mayonnaise- 3 to 4 tablespoon
Tomato- 1 medium sized (sliced)
Onion- 1 medium sized (sliced)
Carrot- 1 medium sized (sliced)
Spring onion- few stems( sliced)
Salt- as per taste.
Pepper- 1 teaspoon
Oil- 1 tablespoon
Step by step recipe with images
Step by step recipe:
1) Firstly heat a pan with water.
2) Add a tablespoon of salt in it.
3)Add 1 cup pasta in it. Boil it for 6 to 8 minutes until done. Don’t overcook the pasta.
4) Once done, drain off the pasta properly.
5) Now transfer the pasta in a mixing bowl.
6) Add a tablespoon of oil in it.
7) Mix the pasta well and rest it until cools down.
8) Now for the dressing, take a mixing bowl and add 4 tablespoon mayonnaise in it.
9) Now add salt as per taste.
10) Add 1/2 teaspoon pepper in it.
11) Give them a good stir until everything combines.
12) Now add chopped carrots in it.
13) Add chopped onions in it.
14) Now add chopped spring onion stems in it.
15) Lastly add chopped tomatoes in it.
16) Mix them well until everything gets coated.
17) Now add the boiled pasta in it.
18) Mix them well and refrigerate it for half an hour before serving.
19) Your yummy, healthy and colourful pasta salad is ready to be served.
Tips and Tricks
1) Don’t overcook the pasta. 6 to 7 minutes are enough to cook it properly.
2) Don’t forget to add a tablespoon of oil in the pasta after draining them. They prevent the pasta from sticking together and add flavours to the pasta as well. I recommend using olive oil.
3) For the dressing , you can add Italian seasonings as well. I preferred to use simple salt and pepper seasonings.
4) Cut the veggies into Juliennes.
5) Add the pasta in the dressing only when it cools down.
6) Refrigerate it for half and hour before serving.
1) You can use hung curd instead of mayonnaise.
2) You can add more healthy veggies like corn and broccoli as per your choice and preference.