To all the tea lovers out there, this refreshing Iced tea recipe is specially for you all. Ice tea is a refreshing drink usually preferred during summers which apart from being yummy is both digestive and has a cooling effect. Tea has a lot of antioxidants in it and helps in digestion. Mint and lemon juice has cooling properties which keeps us hydrated during summers.
This ice tea recipe is made by adding tea leaves and sugar in boiling water and then seasoning it with lemon juice and mint leaves. This drink is refrigerated for an hour before consumption . It tastes best when served chilled. You can also use green tea to make this drink. Sugar can be skipped or replaced with honey. Please go ahead and tru this yummy drink of ours and please don’t forget to share your reviews in the comments section below.
Tea leaves- 1/2 tablespoon
Sugar- 3 tablespoon
Ice cubes- 8 cubes
Mint leaves- 5 to 6 leaves
Lemon juice- 2 tablespoon
Water- 2 cups
Lemon slices- for Garnishing (optional)
Step by step recipe with images
1) Firstly take a pan and add 2 cups of water in it.
2) Now add 1/2 tablespoon of tea leaves in it.
3) Now add 3 tablespoon of sugar in it. (You can add sugar as per your taste and preference)
4) Boil it for 2 minutes. Turn off the flame.
6) Strain it well.
7) Refrigerate it for an hour.
8) Now add crushed mint leaves to the glasses.
9) Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice in each glass.
10) Add 3 to 4 ice cubes in each glass.
11) Pour the tea in the glasses.
12) Your refreshing ice tea is ready to be served.
Tips and Tricks
1) Don’t add more than 1/2 tablespoon of tea leaves in 2 cups of water or else it will turn bitter in taste.
2) You can alter the amount of sugar as per your needs and preference.
3) Refrigerate the drink for an hour before serving.
1)You can use honey instead of sugar.
- Tea leaves- 1/2 tablespoon
- Sugar- 3 tablespoon
- Ice cubes- 8 cubes
- Mint leaves- 5 to 6 leaves
- Lemon juice- 2 tablespoon
- Water- 2 cups
- Lemon slices- for Garnishing (optional)
- Firstly take a pan and add 2 cups of water in it.
- Now add 1/2 tablespoon of tea leaves in it.
- Now add 3 tablespoon of sugar in it. (You can add sugar as per your taste and preference)
- Boil it for 2 minutes. Turn off the flame.
- Strain it well.
- Refrigerate it for an hour.
- Now add crushed mint leaves to the glasses.
- Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice in each glass.
- Add 3 to 4 ice cubes in each glass.
- Pour the tea in the glasses.
- Your refreshing ice tea is ready to be served.