Chinese samosa is an Indo Chinese fusion recipe. This yummy recipe will surely turn out to be a hit for all the foodies around. This street style recipe has become very popular these days. In this recipe, the normal samosa are given a Chinese twist by adding noodle fillings in it. These samosas tastes best with Schezwan chutney and masala cold drink. A perfect dough is a must for crispy and flaky samosa.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
This yummy samosa is made by adding the Chinese filling and then deep frying it until it turns golden brown and crisp. The filling is made with a lot of veggies tossed together along with noodles and is further seasoned with sauces and spices. This yummy samosas will surely satisfy your tastebuds. So please go ahead and try this yummy recipe of ours, and please don’t forget to share your reviews in the comments section below.
Carrot- 1 cup
Beans- 1 cup
Capsicum- 1 cup
Onions- 1 cup
Cabbage- 1 cup
Ginger- 1 inch
Garlic- 8 to 10 cloves
Green chillies- 3 to 4
Tomato ketchup- 5 to 6 tablespoon
Red chilli sauce- 1 tablespoon
Soya sauce- 1 tablespoon
Sugar- 1 tablespoon
Vinegar- 1 tablespoon
Black pepper- 1/2 tablespoon
Salt- As per taste.
Noodles- 5 to 6 blocks or rolls
Refined flour- 400 grams
Semolina or sooji- 100 gram
Refined oil- as per requirements.
Step by step recipe with images
Boiling the noodles:
1) Firstly heat a pan with 3 cups of water.
2) Add a tablespoon of refined oil to it.
3) Add a tablespoon of salt to it.
4) Let it boil.
5) Once the water gets boiled, add the noodles to it.
6) Cook it for 2 to 3 minutes on medium high flame.
7) Check to see if the noodles are 75% done.
8) Drain them off and keep it aside for later.
Tossing the noodles:
1) Heat a pan with 5 to 6 tablespoon of refined oil.
2) Add the crushed ginger, garlic and chillies to it.
3) Cook on medium high flame until it turns golden brown and aromatic.
4) Now add chopped onions to it.
5) When it turns golden brown, add carrot and beans to it.
6) Saute and cook it well for 4 to 5 minutes on medium high flame.
7) Now add chopped cabbage and capsicum to it.
8) Cook it for another 4 to 5 minutes on medium high flame.
9) Add salt as per taste.
10) Add a tablespoon of vinegar to it.
11) Add a tablespoon of sugar to it.
12) Add 5 to 6 tablespoon of tomato ketchup to it.
13) Add a tablespoon of red chilli sauce to it.
14) Add a tablespoon of soy sauce to it.
15) Stir well and cook for 2 minutes on medium high flame.
16) Now add the boiled noodles to it.
17) Stir well until everything gets mixed.
18) Add black pepper powder to it.
19) Add salt if required.
20) Stir well until done.
21) Once done, keep them aside for later.
Kneading the dough:
1) Add a mixing bowl and add 400 grams of refined flour to it.
2) Add 100 grams semolina or sooji to it.
3) Add 1/2 tablespoon salt to it.
4) Finally add 1/4 cup of refined oil and mix well for 3 to 4 minutesTry holding handful of flour in your palms and press it, if it holds shape your dough is perfect or else add some more refined oil to it until it holds the shape and does not crumble.
5)Add required amount of water (just enough to hold the shape ) to knead a firm and stiff dough. Keep aside and rest for 20 minutes.
Shaping the Chinese samosa:
1) Divide the dough into small balls.Oil the rolling board and place the ball on the rolling board.
2)Roll it into a thin chapati and try keeping it even. It should neither be too thick nor too thin.
3) Cut it all through the centre into 2 parts using a knife or pizza cutter, Giving it a semi-circular shape.
4) Apply water over the straight edge with your finger or oil brush.
5) Join the straight edges to give it a cone shape. Seal the edges from inside as well outside.
6) Now fill the cone with the chinese filling and press it inside with the help of your fingers or a spoon. Apply water on the edges and seal them well.
7) Make sure your samosa is sealed well and there are no unsealed places left in it.
8) Repeat the same with the remaining batches.
Frying the Chinese samosa:
1) Heat a pan with oil for deep frying the samosa. Make sure the oil is not too hot . The oil must be moderately hot. You are well advised to keep the flame at medium to low.
2) Check the oil by adding a tiny amount of dough. If it comes up, your oil is ready for frying. Bring the flame to low and gently add 5 to 6 samosa in it.
3) You are adviced to be patient enough as frying takes a long time as it has to be fried in low flame so that it becomes crispy. Fry for 4 to 5 minutes at low flame.
4) Once the samosa start becoming stiff and start changing colour change the flame to high and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until it turn golden brown and crisp.
5) Drain off the samosas using a spatula.
6) Your samosa are ready to be served. Make sure you turn down the flame to low 2 minutes before you put the second batch of samosa to the oil. Serve hot with yummy chutney and ketchup.
Tips and Tricks
1) Don’t over boil the noodles.
2) Mix the noodles well.
3) A perfect dough is a must for a crispy samosa. Make sure you add enough oil to it as adding less oil will make it turn hard. On the other hand don’t add excess oil as it will break the crust.
4) Properly knead the dough after adding oil so that it properly absorbs the oil and have a texture of breadcrumbs.
5) Don’t make a soft dough like roti. Add limited water as per requirement to knead a stiff dough.
6) kneading plays a major role in making a flaky samosa, so knead well for 5 to 6 minutes.
7) Resting the dough for at least 15 minutes is a must.
8) While rolling the dough, make sure it is neither too thick nor too thin.
9) Seal the samosa properly as make sure there are no unsealed spaces in it.
10) Fry the samosa at medium to low flame. Keep patience while frying.
1) If you don’t want to deep fry the samosa, try using air fryer to air fry it.
2) You can try making the dough by adding half wheat flour and half refined flour.
3) You can add half bowl of green peas if you want to reduce the amount of potatoes.
4) You can reduce the number of green chillies, If you want the samosa to be less spicy.
5) you can use Multi grain noodles.
6) You can simply skip using noodles and make the samosa with seasoned veggies.