One of the most loved street food and appetizer recipe Momos belong to the Tibetan and Nepali cuisine. Momos are stuffed dumplings which are served with spicy sauce. They have turned out to be the most loved street food of North India these days due to its variety of variations and heavenly taste. From simple steamed momos to Afghani momos, every variation has my heart. The filing can be made with veggies or soy chunks or even cottage cheese. They can be simply fried or steamed or in some cases they are steamed and seasoned in some sauces like afgani sauce, pan fried or chilli momos. This fried version of the recipe is loved by everyone in my family.
These fried momos are simply made by tossing readily available vegetables which are seasoned with ginger, garlic, pepper and salt. A dough is prepared from refined flour , salt and oil and is kneaded well until soft and smooth. They are then left for some time and then rolled into small chapatis and stuffed with the vegetable stuffing prepared. Later they are deep fried until golden brown and crisp. They are then served with momo chutney and coke. For an instant momo chutney you can simply mix some ketchup in schezwan sauce and enjoy the recipe with your loved ones. So if you are craving for some delicious momos, why don’t you give this recipe a try, it will surely turn out to be as awesome as expected. So go ahead and give it a try and please don’t forget to share your reviews in the comments section below⬇
Spring onions or onion- 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
Carrot- 1 cup (finely grated)
Capsicum- 1 cup (finely diced)
Beans- 1 cup (finely diced)
Ginger- an inch
Garlic – 8 to 10 cloves
Green chillies- 2 to 3
Sugar- 1 teaspoon
Salt- as per taste
Black pepper- 1/2 tablespoon
Refined flour-1 cup
Salt- as per taste
Oil- 2 tablespoon
Water- as per requirements
Oil- for deep frying
Step by Step recipe with images
1) Firstly for the stuffing, heat a pan with 2 tablespoon of oil.
2) Now add a tablespoon of chopped garlic in it.
3) Add half tablespoon of finely chopped ginger in it.
4) Add a tablespoon of chopped green chillies in it.
5) Saute them until they turn aromatic.
6) Now add 1/2 cup chopped spring onions or onions in it.
7) Saute them on medium high flame until golden brown.
8) Now add a cup of finely chopped beans in it.
9) Add a cup of chopped capsicum in it.
10) Finally add a cup of grated carrots in it.
11) Stir them well and cook it on medium high flame for 2 minutes.
12) Now add 1/2 tablespoon of sugar in it.
13) Add salt as per taste.
15) Stir them well and cook them for another 2 to 3 minutes.
16) Now add a tablespoon of black pepper in it.
17) Stir them well and cook them for a minute.Turn off the flame and your stuffing is ready.
1) Firstly take a mixing bowl and add a cup of refined flour in it.
2) Add salt as per taste.
3) Add 2 tablespoon oil in it.
4) Mix them well with your hands.
5) Now add a water as per requirements to knead a soft dough.
6) Slowly and gently knead a soft dough using your palms.
7) Your dough is ready. Rest it for an hour for better results.
Shaping and frying:
1) Firstly take a small portion of dough .
2) Roll it into a thin chapati using a rolling pin.
3) Now cut out small circles with the help of a cutter or mould as shown above.
4) Now add 1 and half tablespoon of stuffing in each circle.
5) Gently shape the momos as shown above.
6) Repeat the same with the remaining batches.
7) Now heat a pan with oil.
8) Once the oil has become hot, gently add the momos in it one by one.
9) Now deep fry them on medium high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
10) Flip them on the other side and cook them for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown and crisp
11) Once done, drain the momos using a strainer.
12) Your yummy and crispy fried momos are ready to be served. Enjoy them with coke and ketchup.
Tips and Tricks
1) Chop the vegetables finely.
2) Don’t over season the stuffing. Mild stuffing makes it yummier.
3) The dough must be soft.
4) Do rest the dough for an hour before shaping the momos.
5) Don’t overstuff the momos
6) You can shape the momos as per your choice.
7) Make sure you seal them properly.
8) Deep fry them on medium high flame until golden brown and crisp.
1) You can use wheat flour instead of refined flour.
2) You can add more veggies of your choice.
3) You can add paneer in it if you want.
4) You can airfry them instead of deep frying.