Potatoes- 10 to 12(small sized)
Tomatoes- 3 (medium sized)
Garlic- 8 to 10 cloves
Green chillies- 5 to 6
Coriander stems- 15 to 20 stems
Refined oil- 4 tablespoon
Turmeric- 1 tablespoon
Red chilli powder-1/4 tablespoon
Salt-as per tast
Mustard oil- 4 tablespoon
Cumin seeds- 1/2 tablespoon
Coriander powder- 1/2 tablespoon
Garam masala- 1/2 tablespoon
Sugar- 1/2 tablespoon
Coriander leaves- 1 tablespoon (finely chopped)
Kasturi methi- 1/2 tablespoon (roughly crushed)
Refined flour- 1 and 1/2 cup
Nigella seeds (kalaunji) – 1 tablespoon
Salt- as per taste
Refined Or olive oil- 1 tablespoon
Sattu(Roasted gram flour) -4 tablespoon
Cumin powder- 1/2 tablespoon
Mustard oil- 2 tablespoon
Red chilli powder- 2 pinch
Step by step recipe with images
Allu dum recipe:
1) Firstly, boil 10 to 12 medium sized potatoes until done. 2 to 3 whistles on high flame is enough to boil them.
2)Drain and peel them off properly and keep them aside for later.
3) Now using a fork, poke the potatoes from 3 to 4 places.
4) Repeat the same with the remaining potatoes.
5) Now heat a pan with 4 tablespoon of refined oil.
6) Add 1/4 tablespoon of Turmeric powder to it.
7) Add 2 pinch of red chilli powder to it.
8) Stir it well using a spatula.
9) Now add the boiled potatoes to it and stir well.
10) Add salt as per taste.
11) Stir well for 2 to 3 minutes until the potatoes absorb the oil and changes colour.
12) Once done keep them aside for later.
13) Now roughly chop 3 tomatoes.
14)Peel off 8 to 10 garlic and 1/2 inch ginger.
14) Take a mixer jar and add the chopped tomatoes , ginger and garlic to it. Add 3 to 4 green chillies and coriander stems to it.
15) Blend it into a smooth paste.
16) Heat a pan with 3 to 4 tablespoon mustard oil. Heat it well.
17)Add 1/2 tablespoon cumin seeds to it.
15) Let it splutter.
16) Now add the blended tomato puree to it.
17) Add 1/2 tablespoon turmeric powder to it.
18) Cook on medium high flame until oil seperates.
19) Now add 1/2 tablespoon coriander powder.
20) Add 1/2 tablespoon cumin powder to it.
21) Now add salt as per taste.
22) keep the flame at medium high and add the potatoes to it.
23) Stir and mix it well.
24) Now add 1/2 cup water to it to form gravy.
25) Cook it for 2 minutes until oil comes up.
26) Now add 1/2 tablespoon sugar to it.
27) Add 2 Finley chopped green chillies to it.
28) Add chopped coriander to it. Stir it well.
29) finally add 1/2 tablespoon kasturi methi to it.
30) cook it for a minute and turn off the flame. Your allu dum is ready to be served.
1) Take a small mixing bowl and add 4 tablespoon sattu in it.
2) Now add 1/4 tablespoon cumin powder to it.
3) Add a pinch of red chilli powder to it.
4) Add salt as per taste.
5) Finally add 2 tablespoon mustard oil to it.
6) Mix it well with your hands and keep it aside for later.
Kneading the dough:
1) Take a mixing bowl and add 1 and 1/2 cups of refined flour to it.
2) Add 1/4 tablespoon kalaunji to it.
3) Add salt as per taste.
4) Now add water to knead it into a stiff dough.
5) Mix it well with your hands. Add 2 tablespoon refined oil to it.
6) Knead it well with your hands and keep it aside for later.
8) Now take a ball size dough in your hands.
9) Flatten it with your palm.
10)Now add a pinch of sattu in it.
11) Bring the edges together and seal it from all sides using your finger.
12) Now roll it into a ball . Repeat the same with the remaining batches.
13) Now take a rolling pin and add roll it into small circles that are neither too thick nor too thin.
14) Repeat the same with the remaining batches.
Frying the kachori:
1) Heat a pan with 2 cups of refined oil.
2) Add a pinch of dough to see if the oil is ready for frying or not. If the dough comes up then the oil is perfectly ready.
3) Now add the kachori to the oil. Add one kachori at a time. It will puff up fast.
4) Flip the kachori when one side is golden and add oil on top of it. Press it a little with the help of a spatula until it puffs up.
5)Once done drain them off.
7)Your yummy kachori is ready to be served with aau dum. Taste best when served hot.